Total Drama Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Total Drama Action

+3
Logan
Jallison D Crawford
Nick
7 posters

Challenge Time

Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Challenge Time Empty Challenge Time

Post  Nick Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:07 pm

When there is a challenge, I will post it here along with the rules and the genre, we will then move to the actual set of the challenge
    Jallison D Crawford
    Jallison D Crawford

Challenge Time Empty Re: Challenge Time

Post  Jallison D Crawford Sat May 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Hey nick When's the next Challenge?
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Sat May 23, 2009 11:36 pm

When I get a couple more people, I have 10 now, we need 4 more. So probably mid-end of next week, you'll know when we're starting.
    Jallison D Crawford
    Jallison D Crawford

Post  Jallison D Crawford Sun May 24, 2009 1:14 am

Sweeterz!Cause im ready to ROCK!
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Guys, Gals, listen up! The first challenge will be FRIDAY, got that? Be ready, cause I ain't waiting for ya. Here's how the challenge will work.

This will be an Alien themed challenge, the objective is simple. First team to successfully have each person capture an Alien Egg and run it across the finish line, wins. I'm not going to say what you guys get if you win, I'll leave that for you to think about.

Now, we have weapons, why, you ask? Simple. To get the Alien Egg, you must first defeat the Alien guarding it. First come, first serve. All Aliens have the same amount of hits needed, of course, some weapons hit harder than others, however, because of this, they have a significant decrease in accuracy, while other weapons hit low, but have an increase in accuracy. Everyone must get one, and you can switch between your teams, you just can't switch between someone on the other team.

So, Friday, be ready!
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Just to clear up a couple questions I'm sure you guys are dying to know the answers too....

No, the Aliens won't shoot back, partly because I'm lazy, and partly because this challenge would take forever because I'd have a whole new set of rules, so, if you don't like how this is playing out, then just imagine you sneak up on the Aliens as they sleep, so it's much more "believable"

Secondly, when you cross the finish line, you CANNOT switch weapons anymore, you can switch before you post there, but once you post at the Space Shuttle that you brought an egg back, you can't add "And I give my weapon to _____"

Lastly, I said all Aliens have the same hits needed. That is true, and the number of hits needed is.... 15! That counts for both trips.

That is all, see you on the set Friday.
    Logan
    Logan

Post  Logan Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:16 pm

so 30 hits 2 kill them...great my luck a high number
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:40 pm

One more thing I forgot to mention! I took a look at the ammo for each weapon, and I've decided... Once you beat the Alien on the way to the egg, your weapon's ammo is refreshed. Meaning, if you use say.... 15 Phaser shots on the Alien, you only have 5 left. Once you claim your egg, you will be back at 20. I'm doing this mostly because I'm too busy and I don't have the time to change the dice rolls.
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:50 pm

The challenge has started, go choose your weapon and start!
    Rexyggor
    Rexyggor

Post  Rexyggor Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:58 pm

is there no time limit between shots?
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Forgot to mention that.... 30 minutes between shots.
    Rexyggor
    Rexyggor

Post  Rexyggor Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:00 pm

ok thanks
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:28 pm

Ok, that team swapping thing didn't go as I planned, since the teams basically stayed the same, but, that's fine, time for me to announce the second challenge.

Now, based on the movies I released, some of you may be thinking "Hmm, it must be a horror challenge!" Answer? Wrong-O! While all those movies are horror, they have something else in common, and what must that be? MONSTERS!

So, what must that mean? A monster themed challenge! Here's how it's going down. You guys will become Mad Scientists for this challenge. In the Lab, there are body parts, a head, arms, legs, torso, all that. It's your job to get the parts, and give them to the captain of your team, who will build it. After it's built, the captain will take control of the monster, and will attack the opposing teams monster. You can either choose to completely destroy it, meaning all the parts will be knocked off, or you will just fight it until its health is down to 0.

This challenge will start tomorrow, so I can have enough time to get everything set, I'll explain the rules at the Lab then.
    Kelsey
    Kelsey

Post  Kelsey Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Just to let my team know, I'm going to Florida on Friday so I'll do as much as I can for the challenge tomorrow. If there is any Wi-Fi at my grandma's house, I will get on as much as I can.
    i just wanted to say cuz if I didn't that would most likely be a problem..
    Carly
    Carly

Post  Carly Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:20 pm

I don't understand the challenge and what time does the challenge start.
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:58 pm

I said I'd go into more detail when we start, and idk, sometime tomorrow? I just plan out the day, not the time, since I still have school, it's kinda hard to know when I'm not gonna be busy...
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:15 pm

And time for the challenge! This will start on Thursday or Friday, at around 5pm, so be ready then

As you've guessed, this is a superhero challenge, and all superhero movies have Heroes and Villains, so, you guys will act the part!

One team will be Heroes, one team will be Villains. This challenge should be quite easy, and shouldn't be confusing at all. You guys will fight in the city, and whichever team loses all its members first, loses. Seems simple enough.

Now, there are two ways this can happen

1. The classic way, just defeat them with your powers. Everyone will have 5 hits on them, once you get hit 5 times, you're out.

2. The not so classic way. If you hurt a pedestrian, then you will be taken to jail, and automatically taken out of the challenge.

HOWEVER

If you hurt a pedestrian, you have the option to escape from jail!

Villains: If you choose to escape from jail as a Villain, then you will become "Wanted". If you are "Wanted", then I will roll the Police dice every hour, if I get you, then you're out of the challenge again and can't escape from jail.

Heroes: Escaping from jail as a Hero has some perks to it, but it may also cause your team to turn on you later on. If you manage to escape from jail as a Hero, then you will automatically receive immunity for this challenge AND it will make you a Villain. What's more important to you, staying in the game, or trust from your team.

If everyone on the Heroes team but one person escapes from jail, and they lose, then that person that ISN'T immune gets to choose who they want to go home. No voting, no nothing, it'll be solely their decision, but, this is only if everyone but one person becomes immune.

I'll decide which team is what later on, and like I said, be ready for Thursday/Friday.
    Logan
    Logan

Post  Logan Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:49 pm

Logan: Im ready
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Ok Logan.... But this challenge isn't starting for a few days, so I'm not sure what being ready now would do with being ready then...
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:28 am

Well, this isn't a "challenge", but this is just a heads-up for you. We are down to 9 members, the merge will either be at 8 or 7, I'll let you guys decide on that, so, just vote if you want the merge at 8 or 7, or not, I don't really care. The next challenge will start on Wednesday, so be ready for that.
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Ok, here's what you guys gotta do!

As you've figured out, this time we're doing a challenge based on army movies! Yay for violence!

This challenge will have 3 stages, whichever team wins 2, will win the challenge.

For the first stage, you guys will be having some fun with explosives! This will basically play out as the game Battleship, so if you know how to play that game, then this should go smoothly, if you don't, then I'll explain how it works right now.

This is for Battleship, not the challenge, just so you don't get confused. Ok, in this game, you have multiple ships, which you place strategically on your side of the game board, and your opponent does the same. Each turn, you say coordinates, which will either be a hit or miss. If you miss, then you mark it with a Red Peg, if you hit it, then you mark it with a Blue Peg (this could be reversed, but I don't really know, and I don't think it matters). First person to knock out every ship of their opponents, wins. I'll get into more detail on the actual challenge later.

Second stage, I will roll a dice, one for each team. Whatever name pops up, they will be the other teams prisoner, your job is to go into enemy lines, and rescue whoever got captured. First team to do that, is the winner for this stage.

Third stage, this is VERY straight forward. Carly, Rex, you will control tanks. I think you can tell where I'm going with this. Good ol' fashion tank destruction. You will be at each others base, and you will try to blow them up (Carly is at the Directors base, Rex is at the Animators). This stage is over when one of two things happens.

1. When the base is destroyed (Bases have 30 hits, Tanks will do 5)
    2. When the tank is destroyed, just to make sure this is actually doable, everyone else on the team gets their choice of gun (Pistol, Machine, Shotgun, Bazooka) Different guns do different damage, but, more on that later.

So, that's it. I'll post the real rules soon, and the challenge will start at 6pm tomorrow, you have until then to ask me questions (after I post the real rules, of course)
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Well, first off, congratulations, I think.... For making it halfway! Even though everyone else never tried! The first challenge will start Wednesday, and obviously, only one person will win immunity. They can give it up if they want to... And, I guess that's it.
    Rexyggor
    Rexyggor

Post  Rexyggor Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:21 am

Hurray for people who try!
    Looks at Rob... Kinda!
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:45 am

Ok, time for your first individual challenge! And it's time for.... KARATE!!

As you know, to advance in Karate, your teacher makes you do the most ridiculous stuff that makes you realize the importance of patience and stuff like that, so, this is the challenge!

Your goal is to reach a Black Belt, first to do that, will have immunity at the ceremony. This challenge will start at around 3pm, so be ready for it!
    Nick
    Nick
    Admin

Post  Nick Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:33 pm

Ok, since I can't think of anything original for the next challenge, we'll be doing the obvious, escaping from a killer!

Yea, kinda easy to do, I'll make a dice with all your names on it, roll it at a random time, and you have to roll the "Escape" dice, if you get "Escape" then you're safe, if you get "Caught" then well... You die. Hooray! I'll do this tomorrow, so you guys have the day off

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 pm